If you own a business, organization, or institution, you must create an Amazon Business account, which can help you save a lot of money on supplies while also getting your products and affordable office supplies quickly and efficiently.
In this step-by-step guide, I’ll show you how to open a business account on amazon and provide a breakdown of the cost of setting up and maintaining an Amazon business account.
If you just want the Step-by-step guide with images on how to create an amazon business account, then click here to go to the section.
Quick Tip: If you have a business debit or credit card, add it to your current Amazon account and you will not have to go through the Amazon business verification process in most cases because Amazon can detect that you have business cards and have a legitimate business.
Here is the Amazon Business Account Requirements
If you’re a small business owner or anyone else who buys goods and services for their business then you need to have an Amazon Business account.
Here are the requirements for create an amazon business account.
- You must have registered business name and or registered organizations
- Have Valid Business License Documents
- Have Business Locations
- Chargeable Credit Card
- Tax Information
- Phone number
- Government Id
Step by Step Guide on How to Set up an Amazon Business Account
Step 2: Enter the email address, make sure email different from your personal Amazon email address.
What is an Amazon Business Account ?
Simply put, an Amazon Business Account is a wholesale office supplies and B2B platform for businesses and organizations that need products to run their business easily.
Amazon Business gives its users a variety of discounts and perks that make it more appealing for businesses and organizations to buy goods for their operations from Amazon at a lower price.
Because of this, 5 million businesses around the world use Amazon’s business service.
Opening an account is free for businesses, so any business or organization can take advantage of it and get products at lower prices, which could save them thousands of dollars without doing anything new or unusual.
Cost of Amazon Business Account
If you want to know how much Amazon Business costs, you need to know the difference between an Amazon Business Account and Amazon Business Prime. Getting an Amazon business account is free, and any business owner who meets the requirements can get one.
In order to get all the benefits offered to business owners, you have to get Amazon Business Prime, whose cost depends on which membership plan you choose from the Amazon Business Prime plan.
Here are some simple details of the Amazon prime plan
- DUO – $69/YEAR FOR 1 USER (Free if you have Amazon Prime Personal accounts).
- Essentials – $179/YEAR FOR UP TO 3 USERS
- Small – $499/YEARS FOR UP TO 10 users
- Medium- $1299/YEARS FOR UP TO 100 users
- Enterprise- $10,099/YEARS FOR OVER 100 USERS
Benefit of Amazon Business Account
Easily manage your spending
Did you know that with an Amazon Business account, you can:
- Create user accounts for your employees. They will have access to business pricing and all the benefits of Prime, plus you’ll be able to set spending limits per person.
- Set up approval workflows so that every purchase is accounted for. You can approve or deny orders using email, text messages or the Amazon Business mobile app.
- Track your spending and budgets by creating custom reports across multiple dimensions, like cost center and product category.
Centralized billing and payments
Centralized billing and payments: With an Amazon Business account, you can use the same payment methods for all of your orders.
This is also true for users in your company. If you need to pay with a traditional purchase order, you can do that too.
It’s easy to automate the process of paying for multiple orders from different users with a single payment method, saving time and money while ensuring everyone on your team has access to the products they need when they need them.
No fee: There are no fees associated with using an Amazon Business account
Automatic tax exemption filing
Amazon Business accounts can save you money on sales tax. Under certain conditions, Amazon will automatically file a tax exemption certificate on your behalf.
First, you must be a state-recognized tax exempt organization. Second, your purchases must meet certain requirements (the details of which vary by state).
If this is the case for you and your business, Amazon will handle the paperwork and certification automatically every time you buy eligible products through them.
Mix and match shipping options
Amazon Business accounts have access to the same shipping options as consumer Prime accounts. That means you can take advantage of free two-day shipping, free one-day shipping, and free same-day and two-hour delivery in many metro areas.
For example, Amazon Business customers get more than 500,000 office supplies that are eligible for these speedy deliveries. Plus, you can order as little or as much as you need — there’s no minimum purchase required.
Even better? The speediest delivery options (same-day and two-hour) are included with a Prime membership at no additional cost.
Amazon Business Analytics
A business account also gives you access to a centralized view of your analytics and insights.
You can use these tools to analyze your spend, including information about product categories, shipping, tax and more.
Amazon Business Analytics can also be used to set up alerts that notify you about changes in your spending over time.
A great feature of the new Business Analytics tool is the ability to compare your business’s spending trends with others in the same industry.
Business Pricing Tier
Purchasing is simple with the Amazon Business Pricing Tier. You can take advantage of B2B pricing on millions of items.
You may cut your overall cost and order more products in bulk for less money thanks to its bespoke business-only pricing.
Additionally, you’ll benefit from competitive selection and easy reordering on your favorite items.
Is Amazon Business Account Worth it
The truth is this: In most cases, Amazon Business Account is worth the money. It’s a simple way to reduce your expenses and boost your profits. If you have business, then it’s an invaluable program.
Pros and Cons of Amazon Business Account
- Great discounts
- Tax exemption program
- Receive better pricing
- More Payment options
- Automate reordering
- Amazon Business Account is available to businesses of any size
- You can have multiple types of accounts to help you keep separate books
- It provides detailed sales reports and analytics
- You can set different permissions for users within your account, which might be helpful if you are a larger company wanting to control the purchases made by employees.
- Not available in every country
- You’ll need an active Tax ID or Business Registration to create an account
- The major disadvantage of having a Amazon Business Prime account for a small business owner is that you have to pay an annual fee for this account
- No consolidated shipping.
Amazon Business Account Prime
It is essential for every business owner to get the amazon business prime because this is a place where you can make the most out of the amazon business program.
We have already discussed the cost of obtaining Amazon Business Prime, but we would want to reiterate it for your convenience.
Here is amazon business prime membership plan
- DUO – $69/YEAR FOR 1 USER
- Essentials – $179/YEARS FOR UP TO 3 USER
- Small – $499/YEARS FOR UP TO 10 USER
- Medium- $1299/YEARS FOR UP TO 100 USER
- Enterprise- $10,099/YEARS FOR OVER 100 USERS
As an amazon business prime member, you can benefit from a variety of services such as business prime shipping benefit, business prime shopping benefit, amazon workdocs for business prime and many others.
For Business Prime Shipping Benefit
- Free Two-Day Shipping
- Free Same-Day/One-Day Shipping
- Discounted Expedited Delivery
- Free Amazon Day Delivery
- Free Consolidated Shipping (3-5 days)
- Free Delivery on special items
For Business Prime Shopping Benefit
- Prime Day Deals
- Prime Early Access
- Progressive Discounts
For Amazon WorkDocs for Business Prime
- Essentials – 1 managed user
- Small – 3 managed users
- Medium – 5 managed user
- Enterprise – 10 managed user
If any business and organizations use online to purchase their inventory to run their business operations then it is number #1 option and advantage for every business owner to open a free business account and earn the discount that they would be able to get with the business account.
Also, Amazon Business provides a wealth of data and analytics on your account to provide a better understanding of which goods consume the majority of your spending budget and how you may enhance it.