Video marketing has become an essential part of any digital marketing strategy. Video helps to engage customers, build relationships with them, and increase conversions.
Let’s dive into some of the most important video marketing statistics that are impacting businesses today. I will provide some tips and a guide on how these statistics can help improve your overall marketing strategy.
Video Marketing Statistics: Key Findings
- 91% of consumers want brands to produce more online video content.
- 84% of people have bought something after watching a video for a brand.
- 94% of marketers reported a positive ROI from paid video ads.
- 97% of businesses say that explainer videos have made their product or service easier to understand.
- 87% of video marketers reported that video marketing has helped them increase sales.
- 91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
- 85% of marketers believe that video is an effective way to attract attention online.
- 68% of marketers claim ROI of video marketing is better.
Video Marketing ROI Statistics
- 36% of marketers say that product videos have the best return on investment (ROI).
- 94% of marketers said that paid video ads had a positive return on investment (ROI) for their businesses.
- 89% of video marketers say that video gives them a good ROI.
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-Very High, 3-Very High.)
Mentioned By: Dash, Hubspot, Oberlo, Wyzowl, Yaguara, Twitter, Blogging Wizard, Optin Monster, Siege Media, Epigroup, Socialive, Linkedin and more.
|Video marketing is lucrative||High percentage of marketers reporting robust ROI|
|Product videos are a smart investment||Substantial fraction say these yield best ROI|
|Paid video ads are worth the cost||Large majority witness a positive ROI|
|Video marketing outperforms alternatives||Many marketers perceive good ROI from videos|
|Video strategies are essential||Clear correlation between videos and ROI|
|Video ads should be prioritized||Positive ROI indicates its effective utilization|
Short Form Video Marketing Statistics
- 66% of consumers find short-form video the most engaging social media content, up from 50% in 2020.
- 85% of marketers believe that short-form videos are the most effective format.
- 73% of consumers prefer to learn about a product or service by watching a short video.
- 2.5 times more people watch short videos than long ones.
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-Very High, 3-Very High, 4-Very High.)
Mentioned By: Sprout Social, Linkedin, Oberlo, Eidos Media, Hubspot, Buffer, Influencer Marketing Hub, Techjury, Theleap, Envano, Story Blocks and more.
|Rise in short-form video preference||Consumer engagement significantly enhanced with this format|
|Marketer endorsement of short-form videos||Recognized as the most effective promotional tool|
|Preferred learning medium: short-form videos||Short content aids product/service understanding|
|Superior engagement of short-form videos||Beats long-form content by a considerable margin|
|Surge in short-form video appreciation||Shift from 50% in 2020 indicates rapid adoption|
|Emphasis on brevity and crispness||Duration key to engagement; shorter is better|
Social Media Video Marketing Statistics
- 25% of marketers say live video is the most valuable kind of social content.
- In 2022, 71% of marketers made social media videos.
- 93% of businesses have gained new customers by using videos on social media.
Significance of the Data: (1-Medium, 2-High, 3-Very High.)
Mentioned By: Sprout Social, Linkedin, Hubspot, Oberlo, Siege Media, Invideo, Hootsuite, The Social Shepherd, Wyzowl, Social Pilot, Cielo24, Agility Pr Solutions, Pr Newswire, Oneday and more.
|Live video holds value for marketers||Unique appeal in terms of content diversity|
|Shift towards social media videos||Mainstream adoption in marketing strategies|
|Customer acquisition via social videos||Proven effectiveness in driving new business|
|Surge in live video popularity||Despite lower percentage, significant marketing tool|
|Increased creation of social videos||Marked rise in video-centric content production|
|Social videos as a key customer conduit||High conversion potential noted by businesses|
Facebook Video Marketing Statistics
- 25% of marketers see Facebook video as the most important video channel.
- 49% of marketers use videos from Facebook in their campaigns.
- 84% of video marketers use Facebook to promote their videos.
- 65% of all Facebook video views are from mobile users
Significance of the Data: (1-Medium, 2-High, 3-Very High, 4-High.)
Mentioned By: Startup Bonsai, Sproutsocial, Blogging Wizard, Small Seo Tools, Buffer, Hootsuite, Hubspot, Linkedin, Oberlo, Dash, Socialpilot, The B2b House, The Social Shepherd, Yans Media, Adweek, 99 Firms, Tube Filter and more.
|Facebook video is significant||Considered as a primary video channel by marketers|
|Adoption of Facebook video campaigns||Almost half of marketers utilize Facebook videos|
|Facebook as a video promotion platform||Majority of video marketers exploit its potential|
|Mobile-driven Facebook video consumption||Key role of mobile users in video views|
|Facebook video’s mobile centricity||Dominant share of mobile in total video views|
|Facebook’s dominance in video marketing||Broad usage underlines its importance in the field|
B2B Video Marketing Statistics
- 71% of B2B marketers use videos in their strategies.
- 73% of B2B marketers say that it has a positive effect on their ROI.
- 64% of B2B marketers increased audio/visual content.
More on B2B Video Marketing: https://www.businessdit.com/b2b-video-marketing/
Significance of the Data: (1-High, 2-Very High, 3-High.)
Mentioned By: Yans Media, Gitnux, The Social Shepherd, Linkedin, Live Your Message, Zipdo, Optin Monster, Hubspot, Ziflow, B2b News Network, Localeyesit, Marketing Week, Search Engine Journal, Market Splash, Best Writing and more.
|Video is integral in B2B marketing||Adopted by a majority of B2B marketers|
|Positive ROI with B2B video marketing||Reported impact on investment returns|
|Surge in AV content in B2B marketing||Shift towards engaging sensory content|
|Video effectiveness in B2B context||Majority success underlines its strategic role|
|Rise in multimedia B2B strategies||Significant uptick in AV content use|
|Profitability of B2B video marketing||High ROI reports underline its value|
Real Estate Video Marketing Statistics
- 85% of buyers and sellers prefer agents who use real estate videos.
- Real estate listings with videos get 403% more inquiries.
- Only 38% of real estate agents use video in their marketing.
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-Very High, 3-Medium.)
Mentioned By: Nateisaacs, Singapore Furniture Rental, Webdew, Finite Visual, Lemonlight, Biteable, Linkedin, Keeping Current Matters, Seattle Web Search, Dash, Rollavideo, Photoup and more.
|Demand for video-enabled agents||Significant preference from both buyers and sellers|
|Video boosts real estate inquiries||High inquiry rate linked to video-listed properties|
|Limited video adoption among agents||Despite proven benefits, usage remains below par|
|Videos as a real estate differentiator||Adds significant value to property listings|
|Gap in market demand and supply||Disparity between customer desire and agent adoption|
|Underutilized video advantage||Massive opportunity for agents to enhance reach|