Buy Shipping Containers For Sale | Compare Free Quotes
- Compare Shipping Containers or Sale Quotes From Multiple Suppliers.
- It takes less than 60 seconds to fill.
- There is no obligation to accept any offer.
- 100% Free quote from shipping containers for sale near me.
How To Buy Shipping Containers
To buy a shipping container, follow these steps:
- Determine your needs: Consider the size, type, and condition of the shipping container you require. Common sizes include 20-foot and 40-foot containers, while types range from standard dry containers to refrigerated or insulated containers.
- Research suppliers: Look for reputable suppliers in your area or online.
- Compare prices: Contact multiple suppliers to get quotes and compare prices. Keep in mind that factors such as container condition, age, and location can impact the price.
- Inspect the container: Before purchasing, inspect the container for any damage, rust, or other issues. If you’re unable to inspect the container in person, request detailed photos or videos from the supplier.
- Arrange delivery: Once you’ve selected a container, arrange for delivery to your desired location. Keep in mind that delivery costs may vary depending on the distance and accessibility of your site.
Where To Buy Shipping Containers?
To find shipping containers near your area, use the form and get up to five quotes from nearby companies.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Shipping Container
When buying a shipping container, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best value and quality for your needs.
Here are some important factors to keep in mind:
- Size and type: Shipping containers come in various sizes, typically ranging from 10 to 53 feet in length. The most common sizes are 20 and 40 feet. Consider your storage or building needs to determine the appropriate size and type of container for your project.
- Condition: Containers can be new, used, or refurbished. New containers are more expensive but have no wear and tear. Used containers may have dents, rust, or other signs of wear, but they are more affordable. Refurbished containers are used containers that have been repaired and repainted, offering a balance between cost and quality.
- Inspection: Before purchasing a container, inspect it for any damage, rust, or structural issues. Check the doors, seals, and locking mechanisms to ensure they are in good working order. If possible, visit the container depot to view and inspect the container in person.
- Price: Compare prices from different sellers to find the best deal. Keep in mind that the price may vary depending on the size, condition, and location of the container. Be cautious of deals that seem too good to be true, as they may be scams.
- Delivery: Consider the cost and logistics of delivering the container to your location. Some sellers may include delivery in the price, while others may charge extra. Make sure to clarify the delivery terms and any additional fees before finalizing your purchase.
- Seller reputation: Research the seller’s reputation by reading reviews and testimonials from previous customers. Look for sellers with a history of providing quality containers and good customer service.
By considering these factors and doing thorough research, you can make an informed decision when purchasing a shipping container.
Delivery Options For Shipping Containers
There are several delivery options for shipping containers, depending on the size of the container and the equipment available.
Some common methods include:
- Tilt-bed truck: This is a common method for delivering shipping containers, especially 20-foot containers. The truck has a tilting bed that allows the container to slide off the back of the truck onto the ground.
- Side-loader truck: This type of truck is equipped with a crane that can lift the container from the side and place it on the ground. Side-loader trucks are particularly useful for delivering containers in tight spaces or when there is limited access to the delivery site.
- Flatbed truck: A flatbed truck can be used to transport shipping containers, but it requires additional equipment, such as a crane or forklift, to load and unload the container at the delivery site.
- Tilt-body semi-truck: This method is commonly used for delivering 40-foot shipping containers. The truck has a tilting body that allows the container to slide off the back of the truck onto the ground.
Before scheduling a delivery, it’s essential to ensure that there is adequate space and access for the delivery vehicle and equipment. You may need to consider factors such as overhead clearance, turning radius, and ground conditions to ensure a smooth delivery process.
Difference Between Shipping Containers and Mobile Office
Shipping containers and mobile offices are two different types of structures that serve different purposes. Here are the main differences between them:
- Purpose: Shipping containers are primarily designed for transporting goods and materials, while mobile offices are designed to provide temporary or portable workspace solutions.
- Construction: Shipping containers are made of steel, making them strong, durable, and weather-resistant. Mobile offices, on the other hand, can be made from various materials, including steel, wood, and composite materials, depending on the specific requirements and intended use.
- Customization: Shipping containers can be modified and converted into various types of spaces, including offices, homes, and storage units. Mobile offices are typically designed and built specifically for office use, with features such as windows, doors, insulation, and electrical systems already in place.
- Mobility: Mobile offices are designed to be easily transported and relocated, often featuring wheels or a modular design that allows for easy disassembly and reassembly. Shipping containers, while not inherently mobile, can be transported using specialized equipment, but they are not as easily moved as mobile offices.
- Size: Shipping containers come in standard sizes, typically 20 or 40 feet in length. Mobile offices can be customized to various sizes and layouts, depending on the needs of the user.
- Cost: The cost of a shipping container can vary depending on factors such as size, condition (new or used), and any modifications made to the container. Mobile offices can also vary in cost, depending on the size, materials used, and level of customization.
If you are looking for a mobile office trailer for rent or sale, then you can get multiple quotes from different providers near you by clicking on the highlighted link.