With search engines playing an increasingly important part in our online lives, search engine usage statistics are more relevant today than ever before.
According to research, it is estimated that 5.06 billion people use search engines worldwide and of those online experiences, a whopping 68 percent of them start with search engines.
What this means is that search engine algorithms can have a huge influence on how we find information, products and services online. Understanding search engine usage statistics helps us better comprehend their growing power and their role in our daily lives.
Search Engine Usage Statistics
- Estimated 5.06 billion people globally use search engines which is 64.4 of the world population.
- 85 percent of those who use Bing search engine are from the United States.
- 68 percent of online experiences begin with search engines.
- Approximately 2.2 Trillion search queries process by all search engine in each years.
- Google process 5.6 billion search per day.
- Yahoo process 2.75 billion search per months.
- Bing process 5.25 billion search pe months.
Key Finding on Search Engine Statistics
- 93% of all web traffic comes through search engines.
- Approximately 2.2 Trillion search queries process by all search engine in each years.
- 68 percent of the online experiences normally start with the search engine.
- Latest December 2021 global search engine market share as follow: Google(91.94%), Bing(2.86%), Yahoo(1.5%), Baidu(1.37%), Yandex(1.1%), DuckDuckGo(0.67%), and all others(0.47%).
- Google captures 78% of desktop search traffic and 89% of mobile search traffic.
- Google process 63,000 search per second, 3.8 million search per minute, 5.6 billion searches per day, and approximately 2 trillion searches each year.
- Yahoo process 63.65 thousand search per minute, 2.75 billion search per months, 33 billion in year globally.
- Bing process 121 thousand search per minute, 5.24 billion search per months, 62.92 billion in year globally.
- 85 percent of those who use Bing search engine are from the United States
- 46% of all Google searches are linked to something nearby.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine with 3 billion searches every month
Google vs Other Search Engines Statistics
- Every Second search engine process: Google (63k queries), Bing(2k queries), Yahoo(1.1k queries),
- Every Minutes search engine process: Google(3.8M queries), Bing(121k queries), Yahoo(64k queries)
- Google accounts for more than 70 percent of all worldwide desktop search traffic this year
- 63 percent of visits on Google search engine from the United States are via mobile
What percentage of online experiences begin with a search engine
According to recent research, 68 percent of online experiences begin with search engines. With this incredible reach, search engines are now critical tools in navigating the internet and have become ingrained in our daily lives.
As technology continues to evolve so do search engines – they are faster, smarter, and more user-friendly than ever before making them indispensable parts of our online journeys.
How Many People use Search Engines
According to data collected from DataReportal, Meltwater, and We Are Social which release in January 2023, an estimated 5.06 billion people globally use search engines. This is 64.4% of the global population, showing its immense popularity and ubiquity around the world.
With the development of stronger search engines such as Google and Bing continually advancing their technologies to not just return results faster but with more accuracy every day, it’s clear that search engines are growing in usage as they continue to offer valuable services across a wide range of needs both simple and complex.
What percentage of people use which search engine
According to the latest study, 92.42% of people use Google as their search engine, followed by Bing at 2.86%. Yahoo comes in third with 1.5%, Baidu is fourth with 1.37%, Yandex is fifth with 1.1%, and DuckDuckGo is sixth with 0.36%.
What percentage of people use Google search engine
According to the latest statistics, 92.42% of all internet users use Google as their primary search engine. In second place is Microsoft’s Bing, which is used by only 3.45% of online users.
It’s interesting to note that, even though Microsoft has been trying hard to compete with Google over the years, Google continues to dominate the search engine market.
What percentage of people use Google vs Bing?
Approximately 92.42% of internet users use Google, while only 3.45% use Bing. This is likely because Google has been around for much longer than Bing and has thus accumulated a larger user base.
Additionally, Bing’s search results are often seen as being inferior to those of Google, which contributes to its lower popularity.
1. Over one billion Individuals use the Google search engine every month
Google chrome web browser maintains this number of users on the desktop. However, as for mobile users, it’s over 400 million per month. This reveals a continuous position of Google in the search.
And it is a search engine used by many businesses and consumers. Mostly when in search of a new brand, service, or product. For this reason, many prioritize it in their search engine optimization strategy.
Furthermore, it provides access to a larger audience, which can result in more sales, conversions, and traffic.
2. 63 percent of visits on Google search engine from the United States are via mobile
If you’re not already investing in mobile-friendly marketing, now would be a good time to start. This is because 63% of all Google searches from the United States are done on mobile devices and increasing your website’s compatibility with these devices will help increase your visibility for search engine optimization
3. Approximately 3.5 billion searches are carried out on Google every day
(Internet Live Stats)
Google fetches relevant results faster than Yahoo. When examining the two search engines using queries, they give the final findings faster. Moreover, it’s a much more relevant outcome than AOL.
Google provides lots of websites based on the search duration within a few milliseconds. Furthermore, the first top results do give additional suitable data. Google is also proficient enough at displaying the most appropriate sites at the top of a search list.
4. 75 percent of people don’t scroll past the initial page of the search engines
The conclusion of this study is that the majority of people use search engines to find information, and most don’t scroll past page one. If you want your business or website to be found then it’s important that you’re on the first page in a Google Search Engine Result Page (SERP)
6. Over 90 percent of the world do use Google Search
(Internet Health Report)
Google functions at an interesting level, it processes more than 3 billion searches daily. And to acquire such numbers to be able to try another search algorithm is costly. Moreover, having them maintain that habit forever is also more expensive.
The only way a change like this can be possible is if a product introduced is ten times more amazing than Google. Though it also seems impossible. The search engine is normally faster than the others at giving results.
It can provide millions of outcomes in just less than a second. This is due to their much better technical infrastructure than the others.
7. 46 percent of all the Google searches are related to something local
(Social Media Today)
This implies that local search engine optimization is very important for lots of businesses. According to reports, more than 80percent of consumers who undertake a local search via their phones either visit or call the store. This happens within a day and it shows that conversions are very high.
Besides, more than fifteen percent of local searches result in purchases. This is more than seven percent of the ones that aren’t local.
8. 85 percent of those who use Bing search engine are from the United States
Currently, Bing controls over thirty percent of the American desktop search market. Close to half of the Americans run a search that’s powered by the engine every month. This doesn’t mean everybody goes to Bing for all their search, however many do use both Google and Bing.
Still, they use other engines too, to perform their tasks. More than fifty million people in the U.S. don’t go for Google and instead depend on the Bing search engine. Since lots of users search over one platform, there are shocking implications for the advertisers.
Bing is likely to be the first search engine that many people use. As a result, new advertisers on the engine will always notice a 26 percent increase in Google searches.
9. YouTube is the second largest search engine with 3 billion searches every month
(Search Engine Journal)
Youtube is user-friendly and experiences the rising popularity of video content. This is what is making it be in that position. When compared to Ask.com, AOL, Yahoo, and bing, its search volume is much higher.
And because Google owns this search engine, the video content hosted by youtube does rank well enough on it. If you want to get search traffic, you need to create videos related to topics that people search for or talk about. This ranges from commonly asked questions to viral phenomena.
10. Google accounts for more than 70 percent of all worldwide desktop search traffic this year
This is followed by other engines like Baidu, Bing, and Yahoo with all of them having less than fifteen percent. You can only win at SEO if you go by Google’s regulations. Ranking higher on Bing and Yahoo will attract people to your site.
Firms that rank high on Google are likely to receive more business. Also, if you use the Google search console, you will be able to see how people presently find you through searches. As a result, Google’s dominance in the search engine sector cannot be assumed.
If you keep up with its algorithm changes, it will enable you to remain agile and be able to make modifications if need be.