Slack is a messaging app that is becoming increasingly popular among businesses. It allows employees to communicate with one another easily and effectively. Slack has many features that make it an ideal tool for business communication.
But, how many companies use Slack in 2022?
There are over 950K companies that use slack in 2022 which is up over 265% from last year according to the Fiscal Year 2022 Results. The number of companies using Slack continues to grow as more and more businesses discover the benefits of using this powerful communication tool.
Slack is particularly popular among small businesses and start-ups but the popularity among Fortune companies is also high as 77% of Fortune 100 companies used it, demonstrating the network effect of a mature and innovative product.
Let’s deep dive into Slack for business and the benefits of using Slack for business communication and provide some examples of companies that are currently using it!
How many Fortune 100 companies use Slack
According to Slack, 77 of the Fortune 100 companies rely on Slack.
Which companies are using Slack?
A partial list of companies using Slack includes Airbnb, Pinterest, Shopify, Udemy, Instacart, Robinhood, Slack, Launchdarkly, and more. Google Hangouts is also used by many companies. Hootsuite and Microsoft Teams are two other popular messaging tools used in the business world.
What industry uses Slack the most?
The technology industry uses the most which are stand at 13% and other industries inlcude Computer Software (12%), Marketing and Advertising (7%), and Internet (6%) are the largest segments.
Many startups and tech companies use Slack to communicate with their team members. It’s a great way to stay organized and keep everyone in the loop.
How Slack can Benefit your Business, no matter the size
In recent years, the business world has been abuzz with the talk of Slack. Slack is a messaging app designed for businesses and teams to communicate more efficiently. But is it worth all the hype? And more importantly, can it benefit businesses of all sizes? The answer is a resounding yes! Here’s how Slack can help your business, no matter its size.
Slack can be used for a variety of purposes, from conducting video conferences to sharing files and documents. Perhaps one of the most useful features of Slack is its ability to integrate with other popular business apps, such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
This makes it easy to share documents and files without ever leaving the app. And for businesses that use multiple apps to get their work done, Slack can be a real game-changer in terms of efficiency and productivity.
Another great thing about Slack is that it’s incredibly user-friendly and easy to set up. There’s no need for IT support or hours of training; anyone can download the app and start using it within minutes.
And because Slack is available on both desktop and mobile devices, employees can stay connected even when they’re out of the office.
There’s no question that Slack is a powerful communications tool that can benefit businesses of all sizes. Slack is definitely worth exploring if you want to boost efficiency or simply make it easier for your team to stay connected.
Slack Market Share
Here is the market share of Slack:
In the business world, Slack is one of the most popular messaging apps with an 18% market share. Other popular messaging apps used in business include:
- 53% Skype for Business
- 41% Microsoft Teams
- 18% Slack
- 12% Google Chat
- 1% Workplace from Meta
Is Slack better than Google chat
In the world of online communication, there are many options to choose from. Two of the most popular are Slack and Google Chat. Both have their pros and cons, which we will explore in this blog post.
- Slack is organized by channels, which can be used for different discussion topics. This helps to keep conversations more focused.
- Slack allows you to easily search through past conversations. This is helpful if you need to reference something that was discussed previously.
- Slack integrates with a lot of other productivity tools, like Google Calendar and Dropbox. This can help to streamline your workflow.
- Slack offers a free version that includes most of the features that users need.
- Slack can be overwhelming because there are so many features and options. This can make it difficult to learn how to use all of the features effectively.
- The paid versions of Slack are quite expensive. The price increases depending on how many users you have on your team.
- Slack requires an internet connection in order to work properly, which can be problematic if you’re trying to work offline or in an area with poor internet reception.
- Some people find the interface to be too “busy” and prefer a more minimalist design.
Google Chat Pros:
- Google Chat is very simple and easy to use. It has a very clean interface that is easy to navigate.
- Google Chat integrates with other Google products, like Gmail and Google Drive. This makes it easy to share files and images without having to leave the chat interface.
- Google Chat is free to use.
- Google Chat works offline, which can be helpful if you’re traveling or in an area with poor internet reception.
Google Chat Cons:
- Google Chat only allows you to chat with people who also have a Google account. This can be limiting if you’re trying to communicate with someone who doesn’t use Google products regularly.
- Unlike Slack, Google Chat doesn’t offer a desktop app. This means that you have to use the web interface, which can be slow and clunky at times.
So, which one is better? That depends on your needs and preferences. If you’re looking for a simple chat tool that integrates with other Google products, then Google Chat is a good choice for you.
Slack, on the other hand, may be a better fit if you’re looking for a more feature-rich chat service with a lot of customization options. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which one works best for your needs!