Content marketing is a crucial strategy for businesses looking to expand their reach, drive engagement, and increase conversions. By creating and sharing valuable, high-quality content, businesses can attract and convert their target audiences, ultimately driving success and growth
Let’s look at some key content marketing statistics that speak to the power of this marketing approach. I will also go over content marketing statistics in detail, what to focus on to get the best results, and what the strategy should be.
Content Marketing Statistics: Key Findings
- 97% of the businesses surveyed said they have generated positive results from content marketing.
- 79% of companies use content marketing to generate quality leads.
- 84% of organizations have a content marketing strategy.
- 91% of consumers prefer visual content to written content
- 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing.
- 70% of B2C marketers use content marketing
Visual Content Marketing Statistics
- 91% of consumers prefer visual content to written content
- 41.5% of marketers consider infographics as the most important platform they use for doing media campaigns.
- 49% of marketers say that visuals are key to their strategy.
- 40.8% of marketers publish visual content 2 to 5 times a week.
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-High, 3-Very High, 4-Medium.)
Mentioned By: Tech, Linkedin, 99 Firms, True List, Finances Online, Search Engine Journal, Forbes, Hubspot, Tech Funnel, Crowdfire, Media Valet, Karts Design, Scaleflex, Semrush, Publer, Infobrandz and more.
|Strong consumer preference for visual content.||High preference rate indicates effective visual marketing strategies.|
|Infographics play a pivotal role in marketing.||Their significant usage by marketers underscores their effectiveness.|
|Visuals are integral to marketing strategies.||Nearly half of marketers rely heavily on visuals, highlighting their importance.|
|Consistent publishing of visual content is necessary.||Frequent publication of visual content might enhance engagement rates.|
|Potential underutilization of visual content by some marketers.||Considering consumer preference, more frequent use may improve results.|
|Need for diversification in visual content.||It may prevent saturation and increase audience interest.|
Content Creation Statistics
- 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day
- 92% of marketers produce blog posts
- 35% of businesses lack specialized content marketing teams
- 29% of businesses report no outsourcing of content creation
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-High, 3-Medium, 4-Low.)
Mentioned By: Demand Sage, Neilpatel, Search Engine Journal, Hubspot, Ahrefs, Gitnux, Host Prest, Webdew, Oberlo, Semrush, Growth Badger, Blogging Wizard, Colorlib, Startup Bonsai, Hexospark, Entrepreneur, Linkedin and more.
|High Frequency Content Production||Content is integral to most marketing strategies, mandating daily content creation.|
|Dominance of Blogging in Marketing||Blogs are critical marketing tools, chosen by the vast majority of marketers.|
|Need for In-house Content Marketing Teams||A third of businesses lack internal content specialization, affecting quality and consistency.|
|Outsourcing Content Creation Opportunities||Many businesses don’t outsource content creation, revealing potential for external service providers.|
|Requirement for Content Marketing Skills||Lack of specialized teams suggest need for training or hiring in content marketing.|
|Evolution of Marketing Roles||High content production points to evolving marketing roles, prioritizing content creation skills.|
Content Marketing Effectiveness Statistics
- 64% of those who say their organization is very or extremely successful with content marketing.
- As many as 96 percent of all marketing decision-makers today say content marketing has been effective for their brand.
- 42% of B2B marketers say they’re effective at content marketing.
Significance of the Data: (1-High, 2-Very High, 3-Medium.)
Mentioned By: Search Engine Journal, Content Marketing Institute, Semrush, Ko Marketing, Ahrefs, Zoom Info, Nectafy, Neil Patel, Oberlo, Zazzle Media, Ebox Man, Hubspot, Brafton, Forbes, Mar Tech, Colorlib, B2b Digital Marketers and more.
|Content marketing is integral to business success.||High success rate attributed to effective content marketing strategy.|
|Nearly all marketing decision-makers affirm content marketing efficacy.||Content marketing is recognized as a vital tool in brand development.|
|B2B content marketing has significant room for improvement.||Almost half of B2B marketers affirm effectiveness, indicating potential growth areas.|
|Prioritization of content marketing can drive organizational achievement.||Content marketing correlates strongly with overall business success.|
|Expanding content marketing efforts can maximize brand impact.||High percentage of decision-makers confirm content marketing’s effectiveness.|
|Strategic shifts can boost B2B content marketing performance.||Less than half of B2B marketers find current strategies fully effective.|
Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing but drives 3 times as many leads.
- 72% of the most successful marketers in North America measure the ROI of their content marketing.
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-High.)
Mentioned By: Content Marketing Institute, Search Engine Journal, Neil Patel, Serp Watch, 99 Firms, Linkedin, Demand Jump, Gitnux, Forbes, Smemark, Ahrefs, Hubspot and more.
|Preference for Content Marketing||Costs less with greater lead generation capacity.|
|ROI Measurements are Essential||A common practice among successful marketers.|
|Traditional Marketing is Less Efficient||Content marketing is more cost-effective.|
|Content Marketing is a Lead Generation Tool||Drives three times as many leads.|
|Successful Marketers Employ Data Analysis||ROI measurement indicates use of data-driven strategies.|
|High ROI in Content Marketing||Statistically linked to marketer success.|
B2B Content Marketing Statistics
- 40% of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing strategy.
- 91% of B2B marketers say they use content marketing in their overall strategy
- 33% of B2B content marketers expect to increase their digital event budgets
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-High, 3-Medium.)
Mentioned By: Search Engine Journal, Ahrefs, Zoom Info, Content Marketing Institute, Seo Wind, Semrush, Neil Patel, Linkedin, Finances Online, Nectafy, Gitnux, Expert Market, Seo Mator, Brightcove, Ko Marketing, Siege Media, Mar Tech and more.
|A documented content marketing strategy is crucial||40% of B2B marketers have one|
|Content marketing is widely embraced||91% of B2B marketers use it|
|Growing investment in digital events||33% of B2B content marketers plan to increase budgets|
|Effective content strategy improves marketing||Documented strategies yield positive results|
|Digital channels are vital for B2B marketing||Increasing digital event budgets support this|
|Content marketing is an ongoing priority||High adoption rate emphasizes its importance|
B2C Content Marketing Statistics
- 70% of B2C marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- Content marketing is responsible for 26% of the total marketing budget of B2C companies.
- 76% of B2C marketers said their content marketing strategy has been moderately or very successful in the last 12 months.
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-High, 3-Very High.)
Mentioned By: Search Engine Journal, Ahrefs, Semrush, Content Marketing Institute, Neil Patel, Zoom Info, Hubspot, Siege Media, Tech Jury, Marketing Insider Group, First Page Strategy and more.
|Emphasize on Content Marketing||Content marketing is a leading tool for B2C marketers; a promising return-on-investment strategy.|
|Allocate Adequate Budget for Content Marketing||Budgeting sufficiently for content marketing is integral; it’s a significant part of B2C marketing expenses.|
|Continuous Evaluation and Optimization||Constantly assess and adjust content marketing strategies for achieving optimal success.|
|Diversify Marketing Strategies||Though content marketing is popular, it should be a part of a diversified marketing plan.|
|Strong Investment in Content Creation||Success of content marketing suggests a crucial need for quality content creation.|
|Prioritize Audience Engagement||Success in content marketing implies the importance of audience engagement and interactivity.|
Saas Content Marketing Statistics
- 57% of SaaS companies consider content marketing a key strategy.
- High-quality content marketing can generate an ROI of 448% or more for SaaS brands
- In 2020, SaaS companies spent an average of 40% of their annual revenue on marketing.
Significance of the Data: (1-Very High, 2-Very High, 3-High.)
Mentioned By: Startup Voyager, Demand Jump, Rev Boss, Gitnux, Devri X, Semrush, Zenpost, Think Orion, Kinsta, Saa Stock, Datapad, Kenmoo, Linkedin, Before, Rampiq, Colorlib and more.
|Primacy of Content Marketing||Major portion of SaaS companies prioritize content marketing, asserting its prominence.|
|High ROI from Quality Content||Content marketing, when done right, results in an exceptionally high ROI for SaaS brands.|
|Investment into Marketing is Significant||SaaS firms dedicate a considerable portion of their annual revenue for marketing.|
|Need for Expertise in Content Marketing||Given its importance and ROI, proficiency in content marketing is crucial.|
|Monitoring Marketing Efficiency||With large investments, tracking marketing performance becomes vital.|
|Dynamic Marketing Budget Allocation||The substantial marketing budget allows for diverse and adaptive strategies.|