ATS software has become an essential piece of the recruiting process for many companies. But, how many companies use ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) in 2022?
A study found that 35% of small businesses and 89% of large companies now use ATS software to screen resumes and applicants and the numbers are even higher for fortune companies, with 96% of Fortune 500 companies using ATS according to Jobscan(1) and Workforcehub powered by Swiperclock.
There are many reasons why companies use ATS. The most common reason is to save time and money on the hiring process by automating repetitive tasks such as resume screening, candidate assessment, and interview scheduling.
Here we will take a look at some of the benefits that ATS can offer businesses, why companies use the ATS, and how it has become such an important tool for recruitment.
On this page:
What is ATS
ATS, or Applicant Tracking Systems, is a software used by companies to screen resumes and applicants. It has become an essential piece of the recruiting process for many companies and is used to automate repetitive tasks such as resume screening, candidate assessment, and interview scheduling.
There are many reasons why companies use ATS. The most common reason is to save time and money on the hiring process. Other reasons include reducing the risk of human error, improving the quality of hire, and increasing efficiency.
The use of ATS has become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more companies look for ways to improve their recruiting process. If you’re considering using ATS for your business, it’s important to understand how it can benefit you and your company.
Why the sudden increase in the use of ATS?
First, ATS software can help companies keep track of their hiring progress and performance. This data can be used to improve the recruiting process and make it more efficient.
Second, ATS can help companies automate repetitive tasks such as resume screening and candidate assessment. This saves time and allows recruiters to focus on more important tasks such as interviewing candidates.
Third, ATS provides a central repository for all your recruitment-related data. This makes it easy to find the right candidate when you need them and speeds up the hiring process.
Fourth, ATS can help you identify top talent by tracking which candidates are most interested in your company and which ones have the skills that you need.
Lastly, ATS can improve the candidate experience by making it easier for candidates to apply for jobs and keep track of their application status.
Overall, the adoption of ATS has expanded since it provides numerous advantages to enterprises. It is a must-have tool for businesses looking to better their recruiting process while saving time and money on the hiring process.
The Top 7 Benefits of Using an Applicant Tracking System for Your Business
If you’re a business owner, chances are you’ve heard of applicant tracking systems (ATS). But what is an ATS? In short, it’s a software application that helps businesses manage the hiring process. From posting job openings to tracking applicants to scheduling interviews, an ATS can take care of it all.
Still not convinced that your business needs an ATS? Here are seven benefits that may just change your mind.
1. An ATS Can Help You Save Time and Money – One of the biggest benefits of using an ATS is that it can help you save time and money on the hiring process. By automating repetitive tasks such as resume screening, candidate assessment, and interview scheduling, you can free up your time to focus on more important tasks.
2. An ATS Makes It Easy to Post Job Openings – Another great benefit of using an ATS is that it makes it easy to post job openings. You can post openings on your website, on job boards, and on social media. And because your ATS is connected to your website, you can easily track who’s applied for each job.
3. An ATS Automatically Tracks Applicants – When you use an ATS, all applicants are automatically tracked in the system. This means you can easily see which applicants have applied for which jobs. Plus, you can track the progress of each applicant and see which ones are moving on to the next stage of the hiring process.
4. An ATS Sorts and Ranks Applicant – An ATS can sort and rank applicants based on their qualifications. This means you can quickly identify the top candidates for each job. Plus, you can use the ATS to contact the top candidates and schedule interviews.
5. An ATS Helps You Schedule Interviews – Another great benefit of using an ATS is that it can help you schedule interviews. Once you’ve identified the top candidates for each job, you can use the ATS to contact them and schedule interviews. Plus, you can use the ATS to keep track of your interview schedule and make sure you don’t miss any interviews.
6. An ATS Keeps Your Data Safe and Secure – When you use an ATS, all your data is stored in one central location. This means you don’t have to worry about losing any data or having it stolen. Plus, your data is backed up in the cloud, so you can rest assured knowing it’s safe and secure.
7. An ATS Keeps Everyone Organized – An ATS can keep everyone organized during the hiring process. With all the data in one central location, you can easily see who’s applied for each job, who’s been contacted, and who’s been interviewed. Plus, you can use the ATS to keep track of your hiring progress and ensure you’re on track to meet your hiring goals.
8. An ATS Can Help You Make Better Hiring Decisions – When you use an ATS, you can make better hiring decisions. With all the data in one place, you can easily see which applicants are the best fit for each job. Plus, you can use the ATS to assess each applicant’s qualifications and skills.
Is an Applicant Tracking System Right for Your Business?
The answer to this question is determined on the requirements of your company. If you’re searching for a solution to save time and money on the hiring process, an ATS is the way to go. An ATS can automate repetitive tasks such as resume screening, candidate assessment, and interview scheduling. This means you can focus on more important tasks.
An ATS can also help you post job openings easily, track applicants, and schedule interviews. Plus, your data is stored in one central location and is backed up in the cloud. So if you’re looking for a way to organize your hiring process, an ATS is definitely right for you.
An applicant tracking system may be exactly what you need if you want to expedite your hiring process. With so many benefits, it’s no wonder that more and more businesses are using ATS software to help them find and hire the best candidates.